March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Chrono Trigger / Chrono Trigger Dialogue

pixel
All I have to say... is that you find really interesting shit online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8B-fz40qPk
staff
pixel
Haha, how awesome.

I imagine they could do some fun things with FFVII, too.
pixel
Definately. There's more of em for CT, but they were sort of lame.

Man, I wonder what it took them to do that?

Excuse me if I'm sounding like a newbie... but it must take a lot to hack into a dialogue system for a game.

Intriguing, isn't it? :/
staff
pixel
Too bad they're all completely lame and not funny.

We should enlist Rachel for this kind of thing.
staff
pixel
Okay, so in FFIX I named Garnet "Cheerios" for the sole purpose of Zidane uttering the line "I can't start my day withut Cheerios!"
vip
pixel
man, editing roms is the oldest shit ever. Its about as "hard" as putting a language patch.

To add insult to injury, its not even funny
pixel
Yeah. I figured it would be ancient, Spaniard. (Once again-- me sounding like a newbie.)

I think it's kinda interesting, though. That's just me. Of course, you have to be witty for something like that to come off as a clever gesture. Otherwise, it is horribly stupid.

Besides Rachel, has anyone else come up with any clever dialogue for game text?
staff
pixel
Rachel said:
Okay, so in FFIX I named Garnet "Cheerios" for the sole purpose of Zidane uttering the line "I can't start my day withut Cheerios!"

See what I mean? Now this shit is funny. That other shit? Not funny.
pixel
Wow, adolescent humor at its best: lets throw in a couple of expletives and it is sure to be funny.

The closest thing to funny I have ever done was to name Squall: Seifer. It was relatively amusing when Quistis began berating Seifer about hurtung Squall, who was also named Seifer.
staff
pixel
They mentioned acid, it has to be funny.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #293 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?